Grandma Mattie

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My Mother Elena


My mother's birthday was last week. I thought of her often, and do think of her most days. I remember her ingenuity and how she must help me a lot in my day. For example, when I come to a situation to solve I think in my mind what would work the best to solve the issue? And then here comes (instantly)an idea, thought will come in words of what to do.

I consider my mother, Elena a genius. She was like a domestic Engineer She loved to crochet. Her maternal grandmother taught her to crochet at age 8. She lived with her and had influence from her day to day. Nestora was like her second mother, literally. I know they had a special bond for 12 years until Nestora passed away. Elena could look at a crocheted item and copy it by checking it out and come up with the exact thing she made from just examining it. I once sent her a crocheted collar and she sent me back a new one exactly like the original. She thought over a situation and could come up with an answer to the very best result. it amazes me when I come to something like that I think for a second and then comes an answer. i know it isn't me, but her wisdom coming through.

I sometimes feel answers from promptings from her.. I went shopping one day to find clothes to take on a mission. I walked through the department store and felt someone near by and almost showing where to go to find the right items. Mama had a sense of humor that comes through vividly. I found a bra and it was one that really held me up and had some features on it that I heard a comment that was not my own. Now, she had such a sense of humor she said to me "to not poke someone's eye out," with the choice I made when I bought that bra. I laughed knowing it was her and then realized when I go to a flea market or yard sale, she is right there to show me where to look and what to buy! I do find some very good, need items. It is kind of fun still to go "shopping" with her! Ethel and Elena, what more can I say??

So, I think of her often; lovingly and appreciate the person she was and in!

No comments:

Post a Comment